- Historical Data
- Bitcoin ETFs or not, don’t expect a ‘sexy’ crypto bull run: Concordium founderCointelegraph.com News – 7 hours agoExperts remain divided on when the next bull market is set to kick off, but they all agree on one thing: the next big rally…
- Nic Carter doubles down on theory Bitcoin was invented by NSACointelegraph.com News – 7 hours agoThe decades old ‘NSA created Bitcoin’ theory has again made the rounds on social media, with one Bitcoin advocate adding more weight to his ongoing…
- China suffers worst capital flight in years, but could it pump Bitcoin?Cointelegraph.com News – 8 hours agoChina’s capital outflows reached $49 billion in August, its highest in nearly eight years. Analysts are debating whether it could be a boon for Bitcoin…
- ‘End of an era’ — Consensys sunsets Truffle, Ganache amid shift to MetaMask SnapsCointelegraph.com News – 11 hours ago“No sugar coating this, it’s been a challenging few months,” said Truffle in a social media post on Sept. 22. Ethereum developers are gathering to…
- Binance and CEO Changpeng Zhao ask court to dismiss SEC suitCointelegraph.com News – 11 hours agoBinance Holdings, it’s U.S. counterpart and CEO Changpeng Zhao have filed motions seeking the dismissal of a lawsuit against them by the SEC. Binance CEO…
What is Litecoin?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin’s gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin’s primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).