- Historical Data
- Price analysis 9/22: BTC, ETH, BNB, XRP, ADA, DOGE, SOL, TON, DOT, MATICCointelegraph.com News – 2 hours agoBitcoin and the major altcoins are down from their weekly highs, but the bulls are trying to form a higher bottom, indicating buying on dips.…
- Bybit will suspend services in UK following financial regulator’s ‘final warning’Cointelegraph.com News – 3 hours agoHeadquartered in Dubai, crypto exchange Bybit said it will suspend services to residents of the United Kingdom starting in October due to “regulatory changes.” Dubai-headquartered…
- Bitcoin fails to recoup post-Fed losses as $20K BTC price returns to radarCointelegraph.com News – 4 hours agoBitcoin is a bargain for some at current levels, but downside BTC price predictions remain firmly on the agenda. Bitcoin (BTC) circled lower after the…
- Crypto investment firm CoinShares opens hedge fund division for US investorsCointelegraph.com News – 5 hours agoCoinShares’ subsidiary and broker-dealer registered with FINRA will be conducting marketing activities for the new hedge fund division in the United States. Major European cryptocurrency…
- Stablecoin exodus: Why are investors fleeing crypto’s safe haven?Cointelegraph.com News – 6 hours agoStablecoins have seen a 17-month decline as investors move to traditional assets. What needs to happen for the exodus to stop? In a year filled…
What is Bitcoin Cash?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn’t include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin’s 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash’s algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.